Tuesday, January 23, 2007

The View from Here

All my column titles kinda suck and when I say kinda I mean they are absolutely awful, this one being no exception although to be fair this one is an Everybody Loves Raymond rip off. (Robert's name for his column when he was in grade school) So what is my point you ask? Well I think I'm going to make this a running feature maybe once or twice a month where it just some off the cuff thoughts from a previous sporting event with no real format or anything. How is this any different from what I was already doing you ask? Well it's not really, but I feel like I need a running column title. Anyway this columns thoughts are on what else, the NFL conference championships.

  • I went 0-2 last week and am now not even .500 for the playoffs. What can I say? Turns out it's harder than it looks. I like the fact that I still write my picks like your an idiot to think the opposite of what I do even though you'd have a better record than me.

  • I'm so happy that the Patriots lost. I was just about ready to vomit when they took a 21-3 lead. Life was almost not worth living if the Patriots won 4 championships in 6 years. I don't even like the Colts and will be cheering hard for the Bears but it was definitely a case of the lesser of two evils.

  • My favorite moment of the game was when just after the Colts won Jim Nantz says something like "They said that Peyton Manning couldn't win the big one but..." then stopping himself after realizing that he still hasn't won the big one.

  • Sure seemed to me like the Colts were celebrating like this was their Super Bowl and how can you blame them? Defeating their arch rival and top dog was a huge win, but I wonder if there will be let down in the Super Bowl. My gut says no just because there is the bye week in between. Without that bye week though I'd be tempted to take the Bears no matter what the line in Vegas was.

  • Seriously what is the Patriots diet. Vrabel and Dillon looked like a combined 600 lbs and there punter Sauerbrun really needs to take that previous steroids suspension seriously (his arms were as big as my head). I mean has anyone ever been suspended for steroids just looking at them. Wait I don't want to finish that thought I might give Major League Baseball some ideas.

  • Another enjoyable moment was when Belicheck gave Manning the cold shoulder at the end of the game. Looks like Tomlinson was right all along and proves my theory that coaches who dress like bums are bums.

  • Nice time for Reggie Bush to start doing elaborate end zone celebrations. How that game work out for you?

  • Quit blaming Reche Caldwell and blame the real problem, Tom Brady

No comments: