Friday, January 26, 2007

Non Super Preview

Big weekend coming up and not in the way your thinking. This is the preview week where everybody gets to see what weekends are going to be like without football. Yup a preview of the worst time period of the whole year for sports, Luckily march madness will rescues us from the abyss followed by Baseball starting up and the NBA playoffs. Sure there are some things to watch in the interim like regular season NBA games and college basketball games or even the NHL if your into that sort of thing. There's also lots of important things I could be doing like trying to get that co-op placement or putting in some extra time studying, but let's be real. The NHL sucks, it's too cold to go outside and studying is overrated. So here's an unofficial list of the best things to do this weekend and the period of post Superbowl pre march madness.

1. Read a book. No seriously there's nothing as uncool as an illiterate.

2. Workout. Might as well get an early start on that beach body instead of the normal mid April frenzy.

3. Read The Lancer blog. Actually this is a good idea at all points of the year

4. Research stocks. Very time consuming but also rewarding

5. Sleep in. Something tells me I don't have to prod you to do this one.

6. Start a dynasty in either Madden or in NCAA college football. You'll be surprised how much this consumes your life

7. Email Bill Simmons (ESPN's the Sports Guy) to write more columns.

8. Watch Kevin Durant carry a young Texas team

9. Watch Chris Leak in the Senior Bowl. Trust me he won't be a starter in the NFL so this may be your last chance to watch the prettiest passes you'll ever see. I've saw him play at Florida for four years and I don't think I've ever seen him throw anything but a perfect spiral.

10. Watch a Phoenix Suns game. You can thank me later.

11. Read up on the NFL draft. One of my favorite sporting events of the year and I don't really know why considering most of the first round picks will just be serviceable pros or busts. But for whatever reason I get an inordinate amount of excitement from this.

12. Bank some quality time with the lady friend because you're going to need it with interest come March Madness.

Just realized how much this column sounded like a men's health article which isn't a bad thing but I'll apologize anyway.

No comments: