Saturday, May 19, 2007

Conference Finals

Well it's official, I like most casual NBA fans have now lost interest in the NBA playoffs. Of the four teams remaining two of them have no superstar players (Jazz, Pistons). One has the most boring superstar in all of sports for the past decade (Spurs) and one has a legitimately young and exciting superstar who just doesn't seem to care and mails in games. (Cavs) Add to the fact that the favorites to make the finals are both defensively minded teams and this could be an absolute disaster of a conclusion to an exciting start to the NBA playoffs. Anyways I couldn't bail now on my picks just because I lost interest so here goes.

Eastern Conference
Cavs VS Pistons
Winner: Pistons
My guess is that it goes seven games. Not so much because of great competitive basketball being played but because both teams like to mail in games so most likely one team will take the lead and then decide they've got the series wrapped up and relax then the other team will tie it up and think wow "we tied it up they're not that good I think we can take it easy the next game" Mercifully the series can't go longer than seven and Detroit should win because LeBron will realize all of the summer holidays he's missing.

Western Conference
Jazz VS Spurs
Winner: Jazz
In case you haven't noticed I really dislike the Spurs and eventually I got to believe that a younger and hungrier team will take them out. I hope the Jazz is that team. With Deron Williams and Carlos Boozer not to mention the resurgence of Kirilenko I like they're chances. They've flown under the radar all season and have been great in the playoffs. I know there's a big difference between Tim Duncan's Spurs and the Warriors but the Jazz are well rested and have a good coach. All the pieces are in place I just hope it happens this season and not next.

No comments: