Monday, June 25, 2007

Mock Draft

Another more enjoyable than it should be sporting event is about to take place this week. That's right I'm talking about the NBA draft. While I am only a casual NBA fan there are several things that I like about the NBA draft more than the NFL draft.

1) It goes by a lot quicker which is good for casual fans like myself. I don't mind the wait for the NFL draft because I could watch practically anything to do with the NFL. But the NBA has found the perfect pace for their draft.

2) Almost the entire first round shows up to the draft and by in large these are huge, African American young men who are now going to become richer than they ever imagined. This means great interviews and more importantly the best fashion show of all time. Who can forget Jalen Rose's red pinstripe suit or Karl Malone's blue blazer and white pants?

3) Whenever some team picks a foreign player over a college stud and then they interview Dick Vitale. That kills me every time. This year I can't wait until the Celtics take Yi Jianlian.

Anyway I don't know too much about the NBA but that hasn't stopped me before so without further delay here's my NBA mock draft (lottery selections only)

1) Blazers: Greg Oden
On another note don't you think Portland should drop the Trail from there name and just be the Blazers? I think so.

2) Sonics: Kevin Durant
I kind of hope he's not that good just for Comedy's sake because Bill Simmons has his huge man crush on him.

3) Hawks: Al Horford
As much as I like the Gators I just don't see him being anything more than a serviceable power forward. His offensive game needs major work. This naturally makes him a perfect selection for the Hawks.

4) Grizzlies: Mike Conley
They could use a point guard and he's the best on the board.

5) Celtics: Yi Jianlian
Take it to the bank

6) Bucks: Brandon Wright
Apparently he's very long which I hear is a good thing.

7) Timberwolves: Joakim Noah
Just what Kevin Garnett needs another project who's main asset is his energy.

8) Bobcats: Corey Brewer
He's the best guy on the board.

9) Bulls: Spencer Hawes
Bulls need a big man unfortunately Hawes isn't the answer.

10) Kings: Jeff Green
A big steal for a struggling team.

11) Hawks: Acie Law
Don't you think the Hawks should change their name to the Big Hawks?

12) Sixers: Al Thornton
Should be able to step in immediately.

13) Hornets: Nick Young
They desperately need a shooting guard.

14) Clippers: Julian Wright
Just too good to pass up at this point.

So there's the lottery. You can take these picks to the bank. You know assuming there's no trades which there almost always is.

No comments: